Website Department of Planning & Development
The Student Intern program is for students seeking to gain knowledge of, and valuable work experience in public sector/City government operations. Work hours are flexible to meet the needs of students and City departments. These are temporary positions
Internships are limited to one academic year. Students are limited to working one internship (lasting no more than one academic year) per City department
- Performs various administrative functions to support program activities
- Compiles, tabulates, and analyzes statistical data, research, and collects information for inclusion in studies and reports
- Uses various software packages to type documents, create spreadsheets, and maintain databases
- Provides general information regarding programs and services to the public
- Reviews and processes applications for programs and services and explains program requirements to applicants
- Maintains records and prepares work reports
- Researches and drafts policy recommendations
- Performs various office clerical functions
- Participates in the organization and set-up of special events and program activities
Additional duties may be required for this position
Location: City Hall, 10th Floor
Days: Varies Monday – Friday, based on candidate availability
Hours: Varies, at least 20 hours per week during regular business hours
THIS POSITION IS EXEMPT FROM THE CAREER SERVICE
- Must be a student in good academic standing currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, or law school OR a student in good academic standing currently enrolled in an accredited business or data processing/information technology school. Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 grading scale or 3.5 on a 5.0 grading scale.
- Students must maintain the required GPA throughout the duration of their employment/internship
- Students must be enrolled in school with a minimum of 6 credit hours (or quarter hour equivalency) throughout the duration of the internship, with the exception of academic breaks, i.e. summer
NOTE: At the time of application, you must attach a resume and current transcripts or enrollment verification to be considered for this position
This position requires applicants to complete an interview. The interviewed candidate(s) possessing the qualifications best suited to fulfill the responsibilities of the position, will be selected.
Preference will be given to candidates possessing the following:
- Availability for one (1) year
- Available to work at least 20 hours per week
ALL REFERENCES TO POLITICAL SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION MUST BE OMITTED FROM ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED FOR CITY EMPLOYMENT.
The City of Chicago in an Equal Employment Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer.
City of Chicago Department of Human Resources
Brandon Johnson, Mayor Christopher Owen, Commissioner
Applications for this position will be accepted until 11:59pm CDT on 06/07/2023
: May 24, 2023, 12:01:00 AM
: Jun 7, 2023, 11:59:00 PM
To apply for this job please visit chicago.taleo.net.